Leather is a natural material that has been used for centuries to create products that are both durable and stylish. There are many different types of leather, each with its own unique characteristics.
Tumbled leather is one type of leather that has been treated with heat and tumbling action to give it a soft, smooth texture. Tumbled leather is often used for upholstery, clothing, and accessories.
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the different types of tumbled leather and their uses!
What is tumbled leather?
Tumbled leather is a type of leather that has been treated with a tumbling machine. This treatment gives the leather a softer, more malleable texture.
The advantage of tumbled leather is that it is less stiff than traditional or full-grain leather and therefore is better suited for use in garments and accessories that need to be comfortable to wear. Tumbled leather is also less expensive than other types of leather, making it a popular choice for budget-conscious consumers.
The different types of tumbled leather:
There are several types of tumbled leather, each with their own unique characteristics and uses.
- Aniline Tumbled Leather: This type of tumbled leather has been dyed all the way through, giving it a rich color and natural appearance. It is often used for upholstery or high-end fashion garments.
- Semi-Aniline Tumbled Leather: This type of tumbled leather has been lightly coated with a protective finish, giving it added durability and stain resistance. It is commonly used for furniture, car interiors, and clothing.
- Nubuck Tumbled Leather: This type of tumbled leather has been buffed and brushed, giving it a soft velvet-like texture. It is often used for footwear and upholstery.
- Suede Tumbled Leather: This type of tumbled leather has been sanded or buffed on the flesh side to create a soft, napped texture. It is commonly used for clothing and accessories.
The benefits of using tumbled leather:
The benefits of using tumbled leather are as follows:
- Tumbled leather is soft and flexible, making it a good choice for up to furniture and clothing.
- Tumbled leather is less likely to show wear and tear than other types of leather, making it a good choice for high-traffic areas.
- Tumbled leather is easy to clean and care for, and does not require a lot of maintenance.
- Tumbled leather is often less expensive than other types of leather, making it a budget-friendly option.
- Tumbled leather comes in a variety of colors and finishes, allowing for more design options.
- Tumbled leather is a durable material that can last for many years.
How to take care of your tumbled leather products?
There are a few simple things you can do to take care of your tumbled leather products and keep them looking great for years to come.
- Avoid exposing your leather to direct sunlight or heat, as this can cause the color to fade over time.
- Keep your leather away from moisture and humidity, as this can cause it to become stained or warped.
- Use a soft cloth to regularly clean any dirt or dust from the surface of your leather, and then apply a small amount of leather conditioner to help keep it soft and hydrated.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners or chemicals on your leather, as these can damage the surface.
- Have any tears or scratches in your leather professionally repaired to prevent further damage.
If you are looking for a durable, versatile type of leather that will withstand a lot of wear and tear, tumbled leather may be the perfect option for you. Tumbled leather is both strong and soft, making it perfect for use in a variety of applications.
It is also easy to clean and maintain, and often more budget-friendly than other types of leather. So next time you are shopping for leather products, consider giving tumbled leather a try!