Sideburn Piercing: Tips For Choosing a Sideburn Piercing
Piercings can be a fun way to express yourself, and there are all sorts of different piercings out there to choose from. If you’re looking for something unique, sideburn piercings may be the perfect option for you!
If you are thinking about getting a Sideburn Piercing, then read on for some tips on how to choose the right one!
What are sideburn piercings?
Sideburn Piercing is a type of piercing that goes through the upper cartilage of your ear, just below where your sideburns start. It is a very popular piercing among both men and women.
Sideburn piercings are one of the most popular types of facial piercings and can be styled in a variety of ways. They can be worn plain or with jewelry, and can be placed horizontally or vertically depending on your preference.
Placement of sideburn piercings:
Piercing sideburns is a popular body modification, and it can be done in a variety of ways. The most common placement is just below the earlobe, but it can also be done higher up near the temple. Some people even pierce the hairline itself.
Aftercare for sideburn piercings:
Aftercare for piercings is extremely important in order to avoid infection and expedite the healing process. For sideburn piercings, some things you can do to help ensure a speedy and healthy recovery include:
- Keeping the area clean and free of bacteria. Wash the area with antibacterial soap 2-3 times a day.
- Applying a topical antibiotic ointment to the area after each wash.
- Avoid touching or picking at the piercing site.
- Keep the pierced area dry. Do not submerge it in water (including swimming and bathing).
- Allow the piercing to heal completely before adding any type of jewelry.
Types of sideburn piercings:
There are a few different types of sideburn piercings:
- The standard sideburn piercing goes through the upper part of the ear cartilage just below the ear lobe and exits through the side of the head near the hairline.
- Another type of sideburn piercing goes straight up from the bottom of the ear lobe, through the ear cartilage, and exits near the top of the head.
- The third type of sideburn piercing goes in horizontally across the bottom edge of the ear cartilage.
Tips for choosing a sideburn piercing:
- Choose a qualified piercer with plenty of experience in doing facial piercings.
- Make sure the studio is clean and that all equipment is sterile.
- Discuss what type of jewelry you would like to use and make sure your piercer is comfortable with that jewelry.
- Be sure to get aftercare instructions from your piercer and follow them closely to avoid infection or other complications.
- If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask your piercer!
Sideburn piercings can be a great way to express yourself and add some personality to your look. When choosing a sideburn piercing, it’s important to do your research and find a qualified piercer that you trust. Be sure to follow the aftercare instructions closely to avoid any complications.
Do you have any questions about sideburn piercings? Let us know in the comments below!